Eastern Iowa Sportshow Seminars
located in the McLeod Center Media Room

Schedule

FRIDAY, MARCH 13

5:00 –  ” How to Have Success turkey hunting” – TV personality Art Helin
6:30 – Mushroom Hunting 90% luck 10% knowledge, learn from the bes t- Tom Nauman” Morel Mania”

SATURDAY, MARCH 14

10:30 – Kids fishing seminar the how to’s to get started – Andy Sommerfelt-Cedar Valley Walleye Club
Noon – Bow Fishing the Newest Hot Sport – Andy Weichers
1:15 –  Mushroom Hunting 90% luck 10% knowledge, learn from the best – Tom Nauman” Morel Mania”
2:30 – Shallow Water Walleys – Kevan Paul
4:00 – Mushroom Hunting 90% luck 10% knowledge, learn from the best – Tom Nauman” Morel Mania”
6:00 – Using mock scrapes and growing bigger bucks – TV personality Art Helin

SUNDAY, MARCH 15

Noon – Mushroom Hunting 90% luck 10% knowledge, learn from the best – Tom Nauman” Morel Mania”
1:30 – ” How to Have Success turkey hunting” – TV personality Art Helin

Kevan Paul
2 Time Clear Lake
Walleye Classic Champion


Andy Sommerfelt and the Cedar Valley Walleye club with Kids Fishing Seminars

Art Helin
TV Personality

CASTING TANK PRO-ANGLERS SEMINAR SCHEDULE

Friday Topic Speaker

4:00 PM Bass Basics –  Andy Sommerfelt
4:30 PM Frog presentations for Large Mouth Bass –  Adam Crigger
5:00 PM Crank Bait Technique’s for Walleye and Bass –  Eric Johnston
5:30 PM Finesse presentations for pan fish –  Mike Everett
6:00 PM Bass Basics –  Andy Sommerfelt
6:30 PM Frog presentations for Large Mouth Bass –  Adam Crigger
7:00 PM How to use Crank Baits to catch Bass and Walleyes –  Eric Johnston
7:30 PM Finesse presentations for pan fish –  Mike Everett

Saturday Topic Speaker

10:30 AM Frog presentations for Large Mouth Bass – Adam Crigger
11:00 AM Bass Fishing Basics – Andy Sommerfelt

Jerry McCreedy

11:30 AM Pitching Shiners for Walleyes – Kevan Paul
12:00 PM Drop Shoting for Multi- Species – Mike Everett
12:30 PM River fishing plastics on Spinning or Casting Rods  – Josh Mohn
1:00 PM Finesse Shakey Head for Bass fishing the How to’s –  Dan Mohn
1:30 PM Cranking for Walleye’s and Bass –  Eric Johnston
2:00 PM Bass Fishing Basics –  Andy Sommerfelt
2:30 PM Spinning and Casting Rod with plastics for Mississippi fishing –  Josh Mohn
3:00 PM What we know vs What we think we Know – Crappie Master Pro Jerry McCreedy
3:30 PM Finesse Shakey Head for Bass fishing the How to’s –  Dan Mohn
4:00 PM Cranking for Walleye’s and Bass –  Eric Johnston
4:30 PM Pitching Shiners for Walleyes –  Kevan Paul
5:00 PM Bass Fishing Basics –  Andy Sommerfelt
5:30 PM How to use a Spinning & Casting Rod with plastics for river fishing –  Josh Mohn
6:00 PM Finesse presentations for pan fish – Mike Everett
6:30 PM Finesse Shakey Head for Bass fishing the How to’s –  Dan Mohn
7:00 PM Pitching Shiners for Walleyes –  Kevan Paul
7:30 PM Suspending Raps for Walleyes –  Eric Johnston

Kevan Paul

Sunday Topic Speaker

11:00 AM How to use a Spinning & Casting Rod with plastics for river fishing –  Josh Mohn

11:30 AM Finesse Shakey Head for Bass fishing ” The How to’s” –  Dan Mohn
12:00 PM Drop shoting for Multi Species –  Mike Everett

12:30 PM Bass Fishing Basics –  Andy Sommerfelt
1:00 PM What we know vs What we think we Know – Crappie Master Pro Jerry McCreedy
1:30 PM Suspending Raps for Walleyes –  Eric Johnston

Morel Mania – March 13th-15th – Eastern Iowa Sportshow

Mushroom hunting is 90 percent luck. The other 10 percent is knowing when, where, and how to get lucky. Our seminar speaker Tom Nauman says the 90 percent is based on your karma, and he can’t help you with that. The other 10 percent is what he will discuss.  Mr. Nauman’s first mushroom hunt was “in the womb” and he has continued his passion for finding the elusive morel for more than 68 years. Mr. Nauman has been featured in the New York Times, Wild Indiana Television, Outdoor Illinois Magazine, and is the founder of The Illinois State Morel Mushroom Hunting Championship.  Tom is a well-known lecturer on the subject of mushrooms where he willingly shares the secrets of successful morel hunting. He also discusses the conditions necessary for morels to grow: habitat, temperature, and weather. His discussions feature videos of time-lapse morel growth and morels releasing spores.  Mr. Nauman’s company, Morel Mania Inc., celebrates its 27th anniversary this year. The business provides information, activities, and mushroom themed merchandise to mushroom enthusiasts throughout the United States. Fortunately, morels are hard to confuse with anything else. Tom will show you the three key differences of what is edible and what might not be.

Tom Nauman
“Morel Mania”